QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly, and they will show themselves great.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

lunes, 11 de septiembre de 2023

0. GRAMMAR. 4 EBAU TESTS

TEST 1

1.-Pam wrote a romantic letter to one of her friends. (WRITE A QUESTION)

2.-I …………………………….….. (NOT SPEAK) to Jane for ages. I’m going to phone her. (CORRECT TENSES)

3.-The last time I saw him was on Monday.  (REWRITE USING “SINCE”)

4.-The manager offered me a new position in the company. (CHANGE TO TWO FORMS OF PASSIVE)

5.-I spent too much money and now I regret it. (REWRITE USING A MODAL VERB)

6.-The new optician is going to check my eyes. (CHANGE TO THE CAUSATIVE FORM)

 

TEST 2

 1.-For two weeks. (WRITE A QUESTION)

2.-I am really worried about the crisis because I don’t have a lot of money. (REWRITE USING A CONDITIONAL)

3.-Next Monday our school is closed because of the bank holiday. (REWRITE USING A MODAL VERB)

4.-Don’t drive so fast. This is my advice. (REWRITE USING A MODAL VERB) (REWRITE USING A CONDITIONAL SENTENCE)

5.-She won’t go on holiday if she doesn’t have enough money. (REWRITE USING “UNLESS”)

6.-She never worked as a doctor because she didn’t finish her degree. (REWRITE USING A CONDITIONAL)

 

TEST 3

 1.- When I arrived at the store I realized I ………………………..(forget) my credit card. (CORRECT TENSE)

2.-With this effective course, we promise that by the end you ………..…………….. (LEARN) 500 new words. (CORRECT TENSE)

3.-An expert decorated Sally’s new flat. (CHANGE TO THE CAUSATIVE FORM)

4.- Next weekend I’m going to Glasgow. My sister lives in Glasgow. (JOIN USING A RELATIVE SENTENCE)

5.- John is one of my closest friends. I have known John for eight years. (JOIN USING A RELATIVE SENTENCE)

6.- y this time next month we …………………….. (end) our exams and we …………………. (enjoy) our holidys. (CORRECT VERB TENSES)

 

TEST 4

1.-This second-hand car has been sold for 3000 euros. (REWRITE IN THE ACTIVE VOICE)

2.-Mary sent a very well-designed CV. However, she didn't get the job. (CONNECTORS.REWRITE STARTING BY "Although...")

3.-Mary sent a very well-designed CV. However, she didn't get the job. (CONNECTORS.REWRITE STARTING BY "Despite / In spite of...")

4.-While the students ……………………. (DO) their test, the principal entered the room. (CORRECT VERB TENSES)

5.-The optician has checked my eyes. (CHANGE TO CAUSATIVE FORM)

6.-People think mixing vaccines is not a good option. (2 IMPERSONAL PASSIVE)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario