QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly, and they will show themselves great.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

sábado, 20 de abril de 2024

NARRATIVE TEXTS

 

In the British Council you have very good materials to prepare a narrative text. 

Click HERE to read an example with some activities.

 

Another example of Narrative text: 

The finished story

https://test-english.com/explanation/b1-b2-writing-explanation/narrative-writing-step-by-step/

I never thought something like this could happen. A few nights ago, I was in bed watching TV. I had been working very hard all day and now I was angry and exhausted. I was trying not to think how much I hated my boss when the lottery show started. I looked at the numbers and I couldn’t believe it. I was rich. I was very rich!

The only reason I had bought that lottery ticket was because the previous night I had dreamed that after winning a lot of money, I paid a visit to my boss to tell him that he was a jerk. It felt so good that the following day when I was passing the lottery shop on my way to work, I couldn’t resist.

The next day, I got up and went to work, as usual, but first I went to the bank to deposit the ticket. When I arrived at the office, I went straight into my boss’s office without knocking at the door, obviously. When he looked at me angrily, I smiled and said, “You are the biggest jerk I’ve ever met. I quit!”

Narrative tenses

Use past simple to describe the events of a story in chronological order.

Use past continuous to set the scene and to describe actions or situations that were in progress (not finished) at a certain point in the story.

Use past perfect to describe events that happened earlier in the past.

Use past perfect continuous to describe longer continuous actions (or repeated actions) that started earlier in the past.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario